The list and research identify and honor the top MSSPs, managed detection and response (MDR), and Security Operations Center as a Service (SOCaaS) providers worldwide.
The rankings are based on MSSP Alert’s 2021 readership survey combined with the digital media site’s global editorial coverage of managed security services providers. The fifth-annual list and research report track the managed security service market’s ongoing growth and evolution.
“After Nines Inc. and MSSP Alert congratulate [insert your company name] on this year’s honor,” said Amy Katz, CEO of After Nines Inc. “Amid continued ransomware, malware, and supply chain cyber-attacks, the MSSP Alert readership and community continues to mitigate risks for businesses and government organizations worldwide.”
Highlights from the associated MSSP Alert research include:
- MSSP Revenue Growth & Financial Performance: MSSP honorees, on average, expect to generate $22.3 million in revenue for 2021, up 16% from $19.2 million in 2020. The growth rate remains consistent with last year’s report.
- Geography: Honorees are headquartered in 26 different countries.
- Profits: 85% of MSSPs surveyed expect to be profitable for fiscal year 2021, which is roughly even with 2020.
- Security Operations Centers: 71% have in-house SOCs, 19% are hybrid, 8% completely outsource their SOCs, and 2% are reevaluating their SOC strategies.
- Cyberattack Trends: The most frequent attacks targeting MSSP customers in 2021 include vulnerability exploits (87%), phishing (96%), and ransomware (89%) incidents.
- Cybersecurity Solutions: In a continued sign of market fragmentation, MSSP survey participants mentioned 130 different hardware, software, cloud, and services vendors that assist their cybersecurity efforts — roughly even with our 2020 report.
- New Managed Security Services Offered: In addition to traditional managed security services, capabilities such as MDR (91%) have now gone mainstream. Plus, fast-growth services offered include SOC as a service (76%), XDR (67%), cyber talent as a service (43%) and cloud security posture management (41%).
The Top 250 MSSPs list and research were overseen by Content Czar Joe Panettieri (@JoePanettieri). Find the online list and associated report here: http://www.msspalert.com/top250.
About Dark Rhino Security
Based in Dublin, Ohio, Dark Rhino Security is a leading MSSP/MDR innovator providing comprehensive “defense in depth” to small and medium businesses. Dark Rhino was founded five years ago by a team of veteran management consultants and cybersecurity experts with extensive U.S. military experience and is led by CEO Kevin Casey, a strategist who rose through the ranks of a top-five management consulting firm to running the IPO of a $3 billion company and launching seven start-ups. Dark Rhino Security is the leading value innovator regarding cybersecurity solutions in North America, Founded on technical innovation and is driven by value innovation. Value innovations come from strategic technology partnerships and engineered and integrated processes that are scalable and thus enable exceptional service at volume pricing.
“Companies have seen cybersecurity purely as a question of, how can they mitigate and manage risk?” Casey said. “But the pace of digital transformation forces companies to shift their thinking to the question of how they can leverage cybersecurity to give the company a competitive advantage. Companies that make the right decisions now will render their competition irrelevant.”
Dark Rhino’s mission is to deliver technical innovation, driven by value innovation and provide solutions that are easily implemented and with major long-term benefits. Via partnerships and efficient internal processes, Dark Rhino Security can deliver enterprise network security that is 30% less expensive than comparable programs, integrating seamlessly with in-house security teams or managing cybersecurity end-to-end.
About After Nines Inc.
After Nines Inc. provides timeless IT guidance for strategic partners and IT security professionals across ChannelE2E (www.ChannelE2E.com) and MSSP Alert (www.MSSPAlert.com). ChannelE2E tracks every stage of the IT service provider journey — from entrepreneur to exit. MSSP Alert is the global voice for Managed Security Services Providers (MSSPs).
- For sponsorship information contact After Nines Inc. CEO Amy Katz, Amy@AfterNines.com
- For content and editorial questions contact After Nines Inc. Content Czar Joe Panettieri, Joe@AfterNines.com