California Consumer Privacy Act
The goal of the CCPA is to enhance privacy rights and consumer protection for residents of California.
Data inventory and mapping of in-scope personal data and instances of “selling” data.
Individual rights to data access and erasure
Conducts period audits and processes to ensure policies are followed
Individual rights to opt-out of data selling
Provide an audit to demonstrate legal compliance
Updating service-level agreements with third-party data processors/fulfillment centers/marketing companies
Remediation of information security gaps and system vulnerabilities including strict notification requirements
Are there penalties involved with CCPA Compliance?
- $7,500 per intentional violation
- $2,500 per unintentional violation
- Fines range from $100 to $750 per resident or per incident
- Penalties are incurred regardless of damages
Dark Rhino Advisory Services can help!
- 2, 3, 4, 6 or 8 week evaluations are available! (based on size, geographic reach & organization)
- Rapid ramp up of a CCPA plan
- Evaluation of an organization’s existing efforts
- Right team, right time, right tools